HRM - step 1 - Preparing the setup
- Make an inventory of all existing leave and sick leave arrangements, including age and/or years of service leave and any arrangements within the company such as leave for relocation, birth, marriage etc.
- If a part-time employee has the same leave as a full-timer but in proportion to their employment, this need not be included as a separate leave arrangement.
- If you employ hourly workers, write a separate arrangement for them. Hourly workers receive accrual in proportion to the number of hours actually worked.
- Inventory all existing rosters for rostered employees.
- For each arrangement, determine which employees should be linked to it.
- Determine the balance in hours from December 31 last year (if starting January 1)
- Start step 2: